The ILM Leadership Certification Programme is designed to help participants put effective, collaborative methods of leadership to work in their organisations and leverage the leadership potential of all members of their teams. This programme helps give participants a clear perspective on who they are as a leader; shows them how to thrive, both personally and professionally; and equips them to forge a clear path forward in their career — with support for whatever the future may hold.
This programme guides participants from leading ‘micro’ issues such as self-realisation and developing high-performance teams to ‘macro’ topics like leading the function and organisation in the volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity (VUCA) of business conditions and situations. In this programme, participants will go through assessment, group exercises, and leadership talks that help them understand how their behaviour shapes and is shaped by the behaviour of other people in the organisation.
The overall aim of this programme is to provide a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary to improve each participant’s leadership and people management skills. At the end of the programme, the participant will be able to:
- Apply the leadership and management tools effectively
- Reflect and be self-aware
- Strive to personal growth and support others’ development
- Take charge of challenging situations, speaking openly and honestly so goals are heard and understood
- Execute dynamic strategic goals, with collaboration and teamwork
- Take positive risks and make difficult decisions
- Build the organisation’s vision, for long term goals, and develop effective strategies to turn the vision into reality
- Broaden the leadership perspectives on the international collaboration and networking
This programme focuses on the following three pillars:
- Leading Self – The leading self-category covers some competencies, including establishing credibility, delivering results, tolerating ambiguity, interpersonal savvy, and embracing flexibility.
- Leading Others – The Leading Others category covers competencies that include coaching and developing others, resolving conflict, learning to delegate, creative problem solving, leading team achievement, and embracing change.
- Leading the Organisation – The Leading the Organisation category covers some competencies, including creating strategic alignment, creating, articulating a vision, catalysing change, and developing a leadership and talent strategy aligned with business strategy.
There are six modules in the business leaders training program:
- Module 1: Fundamentals of Strategic Leadership and Management
- Module 2: Inner Leadership – Leading from Within
- Module 3: Leading and Developing Effective Teams
- Module 4: Leading and Managing Organisation in VUCA environment and situation
- Module 5: Strategic Plan Execution
- Module 6: International Collaboration and Networking
- Module 7: Assessment
The program delivery has the following components:
- Face to face workshop
- Group activities
- Leadership assessment
- An action plan to become a more effective leader in your current and future spheres of influence.
- Key leadership competencies to lead with impact in a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) environment and situation.
- International exposure and networking on the leadership best practices.
- An Assured Certificate in Leadership and People Management from the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), United Kingdom validating your leadership knowledge and improved capabilities.