Business Performance Measurement
Reviewing the performance of an organization is an important step when formulating the direction ofthe strategic activities. It is important to know where the strengths and weaknesses of the organization lieand as part of the ‘Plan-Do-Check-Act’ cycle, Management plays a key role in quality and productivity improvement activities. However, almost 70% of Business Performance Management initiatives fail to take root or adequately deliver expected benefits.
In the Business Performance Management(BPM) arena, results are not always as per expectation, or prediction. After expending a great deal of resources, just when the results look promising, BPM initiators find that what they are measuring are the wrong things.
Talent Oasis BPM team believes that a disciplined approachis the solution to put our clients on the path to BPM success, too often Business Performance Management programs, created with the best intentions, fail because they were short sighted, ill-conceived and unfocused. Most of these ailments can be traced to one source, the lack of a viable approach to Business Performance Management from the start.
In theBusiness Performance Management (BPM) arena, most practitioners refer to the type ofBPM that helps client monitor its current and past state. Talent Oasis BPM team calls this type of BPMas diagnostic BPM control systems.While this type of system provides executiveand managers with basic control over their corporate or functional goals andan “auto-pilot” capability that can keep the operation and the business on target with its goals, it is frequently insufficient forsuccess and business excellence.
Talent Oasis Business Performance Management offers an interactive BPM control systemwhich provides additional control capabilities to help the executive and managers deal with strategicuncertainties. Talent Oasis interactive BPM control systemsupportsmanagers toinvolve in the decision activities of subordinates. Talent Oasis interactiveBPM control system helps managers integrate new data and learning into the decision-making process.
Within Talent Oasis BPM, diagnosticand interactive controls are not disjoint. In fact, an important synergy exist between the two asTalent Oasis multiple BPM diagnostic control systems serve as a basis for dialog between all levels in client’s business environment.Talent Oasis BPM helps managers questioning the validity of their BPM control system,constituting double-loop learning which challenges controlling assumptions or variables for the process, thebusiness unit or the company.
Talent Oasis BPM systems, provides insight into different units or levels of analysis. Talent Oasis Business Performance Managementmodel can be ascribed tocompany level, business units, support or functional units, teams and workgroups and individuals. One keybenefit of Talent Oasis BPM system lies in its ability to help align these different levels of analysis in a client’s work environment.
Talent Oasis BPM:
- Ensure client’s requirements have been met.
- Is able to set sensible objectives and ensure BPM system complies with them.
- Provides standards for establishing comparisons.
- Provides visibility and a “scoreboard” for people to monitor their own performance level.
- Highlightsbusiness processes problems and determine areas for priority attention.
- Provides feedback for driving the improvement effort.
The leading-edge Talent Oasis Business Performance Management framework seeks to create an efficient and effective performance management system to:
- Translate client’s vision into clear measurable outcomes that define success, and thatare shared throughout the client’s environment and with stakeholders.
- Provide a tool for assessing, managing, and improving the overall health and success of client’s business systems.
- Continue to shift from prescriptive, audit- and compliance-based oversight to an ongoing, forward-looking strategic partnership involving all level of client’s working levels and business units.
- Include measures of quality, cost, speed, customer service and employee alignment, motivation and skills to provide an in-depth, predictive performance management system.
- Replace existing assessment models with a consistent approach to Business Performance Management.